Tuesday, October 1, 2013

12 Month Update: My now 1 year old




As I sit here writing this, I am in tears. I seriously can't believe that my little newborn baby is now a one year old. Where did the time go? I feel like just yesterday I gave birth to this amazing miracle who changed my world the minute she let out her first cry. When they laid her head on my chest, I instantly knew what unconditional love was and as soon as I looked into her eyes I knew that my life was never going to be the same. I was a different person from that second on. This little helpless human being would now depend on me to bathe, feed, change, and teach her how to become an amazing woman. 

I am so grateful to be her mom. That God chose me to be her teacher and guide her through this crazy, mixed up life. I feel like she was given to me to show me how life can change in a minute but how it's always for the better. I would not trade a single minute of this last year for anything. I learned so much about myself, my daughter, and the person I want her to be as well as the person I want to be. Even though it was not the easiest year by any means, it was still a great one. As Lee Brice has says in his song, "I wouldn't trade a single day for a hundred years the other way." 




Every single day is a blessing to me. Especially because of all the issues that her and I went through during my pregnancy and labor. I will always say that she is my miracle baby. She survived things that she probably shouldn't have. She is perfect in every single way. I could not imagine not having her in my life. I can't even remember who I was before I had her. 

Now that it's just me and her I have vowed to myself and to her that I will make sure she has every single thing she needs and wants. She will get the best of everything and then some. But most importantly, I will love her unconditionally. I don't ever want her to feel that she is not loved in any way because she is. I love her more than I love anything in this world. She's given me more than she knows. 




Today we also went to the dr and she got shots :( but she was a trooper through them! She's officially off the Prevacid for her acid reflux! Doctor said she was growing and developing right on track. Sadly she has an ear infection so she couldn't get her shots but once her fever goes away then I can take her in to get them. Other than that she was perfect! 




After her doctors appointment, we met my mom for lunch. She loves her Nana. My mom had wanted to spend the day with her but she couldn't take off so we decided lunch would be better. We had a great time and then made our way down to the mall for some mommy & daughter time at Build A Bear where she made her own bear named Lovebug!  She absolutely loves her.  We also hit up The Children's Place where we picked up some cheetah boots and a onesie for when it starts getting cooler. 






After that, we went to pick up her first birthday pictures (some are in this post) and then we went up home where we had a cupcake for her birthday and opened up a few gifts from Mommy as well as Nana and Papa. 




She got mega blocks that came with a cart from me. Nana and Papa got her the Sofia the First talking doll. She's loving her toys as you can see! Haha. The best ones are to come when she has her birthday party!!! 






Adylee is 100% off the bottle as of a couple days ago! My goal to get off the bottle by one was achieved! She's on whole milk now and loves it! We are still taking a pacifier and I don't plan on breaking that anytime soon unless she starts to do that herself. By 2 though she will be off it completely. 




Now onto some facts about my princess:

-Is wearing a size 4-4.5 in shoes but slowly growing into a 5
-Wears a size 12-18 month in clothing depending on brand
-Loves anything that has music
-Loves balls
-Is a total momma's girl
-Has been saying some new words or rather variations of what should be words haha. Such as, "down" and "thank you"
-Weighs 22 lbs and 7 oz 
-Is 29 and 3/4" tall
-Her head circumference is 18"
-Loves it when you scare her or pretend to chase her
-Decided to call my mom "MiMi" instead of Nana like we have been telling her to say
-Has been very attached to her pacifier and her lovey lately
-Is sleeping in her own room now so the co-sleeping has been cut down to a bare minimum.
-She's been falling asleep in her crib by herself more lately rather than falling asleep with me and then moving her to the crib 
-Is now going to daycare full time and loves it! 
-She can blow kisses now




This little girls smile is all I need to brighten up my day. She's all I need. I am so thankful for all the help I've gotten along the way this year. I wouldn't have been able to do it without it. Now starts the fun part of raising a child! My little baby is officially a one year old and a toddler. She's no longer an infant. She's becoming such a big girl and I am so proud of her. I have truly been blessed beyond belief. It can only get better from here on out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment