Friday, March 21, 2014

Cleaning Makeup Brushes


I haven't ever cleaned a makeup brush since I started using makeup but with using and buying so much good makeup I decided it was time to clean them. Especially my one lonely MAC brush lol. 

I was so close to buying the MAC cleaner until I did some digging and found out that I could use baby shampoo. Of course I have some of it laying around from when Adylee was little so I decided to go ahead and try it out! IT WORKS! 


Just use the simple baby shampoo and you've got yourself a brand new (cheap) make up brush cleaner. 


The first thing you're gonna do is put a small amount of shampoo in the palm of your hand. You may have to use more spending on how dirty your brush is and what you use it for. The brush I used to do this demonstration was my foundation brush so of course, it was majorly dirty and had a lot of product build up on it and needed more shampoo to properly clean all of it off. 


You're then going to wet the brush and then swirl it into the shampoo. Make sure to get it nice and soapy. You will see it start to work immediately and again, depending how much product is on it the color of the soap will change to whatever color is built up on the brush. 


Run it underneath the water and watch the magic haha. It will start to look clean right away. Once it's all clean, squeeze very lightly the excess water off and lay it down on the towel. Make sure to leave enough room in between brushes to allow the water to dry up. 


As you can see, the edge of my brush is no longer brown but now back to the original color of white. 


And I used it on my MAC brush too and got off all my concealer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment