Friday, April 4, 2014

Adylee's 18 month update!



I can't believe it's been a year and a half since this little girl came into my life. It's been such an amazing journey learning how to be a mom to this little miracle. The fact that I wake up every morning to hear "hi mommy" just makes me instantly calm and ready for the day. The day she tells me "I love you" is a day I will melt to pieces. Adylee is now 18 months and I feel like this part of her life has flown by again. I can't believe in just 6 short months my little girl will be 2! Yikes!!! 



Adylee has been reaching a ton of new milestones lately! She has started to say more words and is now potty training!! I am so excited to start this new chapter with her. I'll be sad to see our cloth diapers go but I will be saving them for our next baby (whenever that is). She doesn't go consistently but I don't push her majorly on it either. If she goes then awesome if not then that's okay too. She's still young. I am happy that she is showing interest in it though! 

Our next major thing that is going on with Adylee is that, come April 24th she will be going in to surgery to have tubes out in her ears. I know it's a super minor surgery and she'll be in and out but I am still a nervous wreck about the whole thing. My baby will be going in for surgery! AHHHHHH! I have been praying to God like crazy and hoping that prior to surgery and afterwards she will be okay and things will go just as planned. Her and I have been through so much when I was pregnant and now she is going to have her own surgery. 



Aside from all that, we had her 18 month check up this past week! Her doctor was very pleased with everything and said that she won't get another shot until she is 4 so we made it out of there with no tears! He asked me how many words she is saying and I told him about 15ish and we discussed reading to her, flash cards and all that which she does at school and with me anyways. But, he also said that her surgery should help her start talking more so hopefully it does. Then he went into the whole potty training talk and I told him that we have already started and she has gone about 4 or 5 times already and he was very pleased and impressed. Other than that, it was just a routine check up and she passed with flying colors! 

Some stats on miss Adylee: 
-weighs 25 lbs and 13.5 oz
-is 33 inches tall 
-head circumference is 47 cm 
-wearing some 18 month clothing but is mainly in 2T or 24 months 
-size 5 or 6 in shoes depending on the make of shoe 
-loves to be outside 
-calls Minnie Mouse "innie" 
-is still obsessed with Minnie Mouse and Sofia the First 
-has watched Frozen about 12 times but I had her take a break from it so we don't scratch the DVD anymore than it already is 
-still wearing cloth diapers when she is at home but in pull ups at school
-wears the 3T-4T in pull ups! 
-new words are pa, and titi (aunt in Spanish)

I am so proud of the little girl my munchkin is becoming! I can't wait to see what the next 6 months has in store for us and also can't wait to see how fast she picks up on this whole potty training thing. Hopefully she's out of diapers by the time she is 2! I love her so much. She's the absolute light of my life. 


1 comment:

  1. She is growing up so fast. I remember when you were pregnant on Twitter. Time flies so quickly.

    ReplyDelete