Monday, September 16, 2013

Nursery Theme Idea!

I have decided to change Adylee's nursery theme because we are starting a new chapter in our lives this week and it's time to take out the old and start with the new. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a cute new theme for her that doesn't involve animal print because I want her to have something new and fresh obviously. 

Then I came across this on Pintrest....



And I decided that I had to do a pink and navy theme that has anchors incorporated  Basically a nautical theme but I'm not going to be doing a lot of the fish aspects. Just mainly doing anchors and adding in a few whales. Lots of stripes, chevron and polka dots though!

I will be painting one wall a navy blue and maybe do it half pink as well. I wanna try and replace knobs on her furniture to look something like the below picture.


I'm going to mod podge outlet covers to look something like this:

And lots more navy and pink with the nautical accents. I can't wait to start bringing this idea together after her birthday party. It's been a long time coming for us to start over fresh and new. I have recently become obsessed with anchors and really want to have one of her murals be the anchor that Carter's had on their shirt because I am in love with that design. I plan on also getting an anchor tattooed on me somewhere. Adylee is my anchor and it's only fitting that she now have a theme to express that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment