Sunday, May 11, 2014

Kind of Mom I Wanna Be...



When I first found out I was pregnant I immeditely thought about everything I wanted to do with my child and what I also wanted to teach him or her. Then I found out I was a having girl and the whole plan changed. It became about how cute she would look, how sassy she would be and the list goes on. 

But being a mom isn't about all of that. Yes, it is about teaching them but it's also about those little moments you get to spend with them. Today, Adylee was laying down to go to sleep and she reached her arms out for me. I scooped her up and started rocking her, which I don't get to do very often. I told her that mommy was right here and I wouldn't ever go anywhere. As soon as I said that, I looked down and she closed her eyes, smiled, and drifted off to sleep. I instantly started crying. Those are the little moments that I live for. The moments where I just know that she needed me. At that time, that's what she needed to hear to know that it was okay to go to sleep. 

To me, being a mom is those moments. It's also about teaching her to walk down the correct path and be the best she can be. Of course, I will introduce her to God and let her make her own decision. I want her to know that she has the freedom to do what she wants but to also know that there are rules and boundaries. I will be her best friend BUT I will also be her mom. 

I love my baby girl and wouldn't trade being her mommy for the world. She drives me nuts at times but I know that it's just her learning and growing. I know that I will eventually miss those times. 

Happy Mother's Day to every single mom I know and every single mom that will read this post! You are shaping the future :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment